TRADING STAMP SAVER BOOKS

type='html'>
FLEA MARKET FRIDAYS #69


Remember trading stamp saver books that you could get from the local supermarket? 

I have fond memories of helping my grandma fill out these books. Instead of licking, we had bowls of water and wet sponges to moisten the stamps. I felt like this was such an important responsibility that she trusted me with. I would try and do my best and place the stamps as straight in the book as I could. Once we filled out the books, we would spend hours looking through a catalog deciding what to trade our stamp filled books for. Oh boy, a new coffee pot! Something that sounds archaic now, but it sure was fun Saturday afternoon.

Recently I picked up a bag of stamp books at an antique shop. They're from the 1950s and 60s.  




Besides the fun covers, these books are filled with cool mid-century illustrations. Here's a sampling below. For more illustrations, check out my stamp saver set on flickr.  









Copyright © 2011-2012 MaxCTR Blogger Template Converted by Xiontechinfo.Com and BlogisBlogging.Com